Skip to main content

Matcha Bliss Balls

I created these for my little boy whose favourite colour is green and I wanted to surprise him with something (naturally) green on the top of his birthday cake. He also has a mini obsession with bliss balls (as do I)!


These are nut-free but work really well with pistachio nuts instead of the sunflower seeds if there are no nut allergies to be catered to. Pistachio nuts also add even more green vibrancy to the end result.



I plonked a few on top of my Chocolate Birthday Cake which my little superhero had specially requested I make for him! I added a swirl of matcha coconut butter on top of the ganache, along with some crushed pistachios (upholding the green theme) and some goji berries for a pop of contrasting colour.

Presumably not the standard 6 year old's birthday cake, given the beetroot, matcha and no refined sugar but definitely the building blocks of a wannabe superhero/ jedi knight!


Matcha Bliss Balls
Grain-free, Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Refined Sugar-free, Nut-free

Makes approx 10


Ingredients:
1/2 cup (75g) raw unsalted sunflower seeds
1/4 cup (25g) unsweetened dessicated coconut
1/2 cup (70g) unsweetened soft dates, pitted (soak for a few minutes if using hard ones)
1 heaped tbsp (15g) coconut oil
2 tsp matcha green tea powder
pinch sea salt (I used this pink himalayan salt - 10% discount code on home page)

Instructions:
1. In a high speed processor add seeds and coconut. Process until a fine crumb.
2. Add dates and process again until well combined.
3. Add salt, coconut oil and matcha and continue to process until mixture comes together in clumps and sticks together when squeezed. If too dry add a tsp of extra coconut oil or a very small dash of warm water.
4. Roll into heaped tsp sized balls (or size of your choosing).
5. Store in airtight container in fridge or freezer.

Comments